Sunday, March 10, 2013

Damon braces before after

Lifestyle: Damon braces results (before and after)

Q: Is damon braces effective?
  • able to effectively align my dracula teeth. The result can be seen within 1-2 months during the treatment. 
  • My orthodontist molded my teeth profile before and after damon braces  to compare the actual condition of my teeth. The mold are given when I remove braces. No extra charges. It's included in the whole treatment



Teeth alignment result: 3-good
rating scale: 1-slow, 2-moderate, 3-good, 4-extraordinary result/perfect

  • I was expecting a perfect looking set of teeth like advertisement and I was disappointed. Technically I can't get it perfect due to natural teeth alignment.
  • I didn't remove any of my teeth, it follows the natural alignment and there's gaps in between the teeth. (blue arrows in photo) 
  • The orthodontist trimmed my teeth slightly to fix the issue. It will cause sensitive teeth and we just can't overdo it. My orthodontist advised that if I want teeth that's close to perfect, I'll have to remove teeth. Practically, it'll make your jaw line slimmer.
  • In order words, to get V shape face. (I was not being told at that time. Anyway I was quite young back then and I wasn't demanding. I thought going to famous dental clinic in the town, pay the high price tag and I'll get perfect nice teeth which at the end it doesn't work this way. It's a 2 ways communication and there's a need to discuss exactly what you need and your priorities with the orthodontist, i've prioritized the idea of not extracting any teeth and i sacrifice on the teeth alignment) 

Recommended? : Yes & No
  • Yes-teeth condition severely misaligned.
    The result is very quick. My dracula teeth moved down within 1-2 months. However, getting all the small details really takes time. I even request to extend and re-do the treatment to fix small details.
  • No- teeth condition not severe and just want to fix small things like gaps. 
    Not worth it to go through all the pain and can't get perfectly fine teeth. For my case, I just can't fix the teeth gaps. The teeth is naturally that way. I've friend that actually did braces to fix severe overbite issues. She told me personally that it doesn't seem to work perfectly. The top deck of teeth still extruded and the bottom deck goes behind. Braces reduces it but seem like doesn't fix it perfectly. 


-the information provided is based on personal experiences, advises from my dentist and some reading materials which i've came across during my treatment. i do not guarantee 100% accuracy on the information provided as i do not have any professional qualification. it was just my personal experiences. the effect of damon braces might varies on different user. consult your dentist before making any decisions. 

Leave a msg below or e-mail me if there's any questions. 
e-mail: jane.jiaen@gmail.com
 

Refer to other Damon braces related posts: 
https://imahappyidiot.blogspot.com/2013/03/blog-post_6633.html
https://imahappyidiot.blogspot.com/2012/04/lifestyle-damon-braces-recommended.html

upper deck of teeth:
Right, Before Damon Braces: severe misaligned 
Left, After Damon Braces: properly aligned 
Left, Before Damon Braces: misaligned Dracula teeth
Right, After Damon Braces: no misaligned Dracula teeth but there's gaps between upper and lower deck of teeth  

No comments: